VEGAN ICE CREAM SANDWICH RECIPE
One of the great things about Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches made at home is that you literally have a hundred possibilities. You can use any type of cookie that you have bought or made, and multiple versions of ice cream.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES?
1. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2. VEGAN DAIRY FREE ICE CREAM
HOW DO YOU MAKE VEGAN ICE CREAM SANDWICHES?
Ice cream sandwiches are really easy to make once you have everything pre-made. The short answer is you place ice cream in between two cookies and freeze, then serve. It’s that easy.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
These are the best chocolate chip cookies. Perfectly crisp and chocolatey you will love how easy they are to make. They are dairy-free, nut-free and vegan!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
1. ALL PURPOSE FLOUR.
2. SANTA BARBARA VEGAN CHOCOLATE COUVERTURE CHIPS.
3. Parchment paper: this is used so that your cookies do not not come into direct contact with the surface of your baking sheet.
4. Coconut oil: this is used instead of butter to keep these cookies vegan.
5. Coconut sugar
6. Baking Soda & Baking powder
7. Plant based milk of choice
8. Pinch of salt
9. Santa Barbara Vegan Cacao Powder (optional)
You will love how easy these cookies are to make!
1. Preheat your oven 350°F.
2. While your oven is preheating add all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, to a large bowl and stir everything well until it’s combined.
3. Then add in the chocolate chips and stir into the cookie dough
4. Form the dough into 12 balls and place them on the cookie sheet.
5. Then wet your hands and flatten each cookie (wet your hands between each cookie).
6. Then bake the cookies for ~18 minutes and let them cool completely before enjoying.
Variations on these cookies:
* Instead of vegan chocolate chips you can use any other chocolate from the Santa Barbara Chocolate range!
* If you are not vegan, feel free to use butter or ghee instead of coconut oil.
* Tip: If you want to make the ice cream layer evenly, then you can place a scoop of ice cream inside a biscuit cutter that is the same size as your cookies. Carefully remove and repeat for the amount of ice cream layers you need. Then, freeze for 30-45 minutes until solid and make your sandwiches.
* CAN I PREPARE THESE VEGAN ICE CREAM SANDWICHES AHEAD of Time? THESE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES CAN BE EATEN IMMEDIATELY OR YOU CAN PREP THEM AHEAD. THEY CAN BE STORED IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER IN THE FREEZER FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS.
* It’s perfect to make them at the beginning of summer and use any time you need a treat or to make a few days before that next birthday party or cookout where you want a fun treat.
For the vegan cookie sandwich:
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 TBS Santa Barbara Cacao Powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 Tbs Coconut oil
2 Tbs plant based milk of choice
1/2 Cup Santa Barbara Vegan Chocolate Couverture Chips
Preheat the oven 350°F.
1. In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients together, set aside.
2. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix together.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix till combined and form a cookie dough.
5. Use an ice cream scooper, scoop the cookie dough (about 12) and place on a baking tray with lined parchment paper.
6. Flatten the cookie dough and bake for about 18 minutes.
7. Let cookies cool completely before removing from the pan.
For the vegan chocolate chip Ice cream:
1/4-1/2 cup plant based milk of choice (depends if your blender is powerful as Vitamix you can use 1/4 cup) however if you find
it is difficult to blend the frozen fruit, add more milk but not more than 1/2 cup in total.
4 frozen bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen (very ripe).
1/3 cup maple syrup (you can use less if you like your ice cream less sweet).
Vanilla or vanilla extract 1 tsp.
1/4 cup Santa Barbara Vegan Chocolate Couverture Chips.
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor / Blender, process / blend till smooth and creamy.
2. Add the vegan chocolate chips and mix with the ice cream.
3. Freeze for about an hour.
Now you are ready to create your ice cream sandwich:
1. Lay one cookie upside down (so bottom side up).
2. Place a scoop of ice cream on the flat side.
3. top with the bottom of another cookie.
You can freeze and serve after 10 minutes or you can:
4. Dip the ice cream sandwich in melted chocolate / roll in nuts / sprinkle with extra chocolate sprinkles - then freeze for 10 minutes before serving.