Extra Dark Chocolate brownie recipe below is one that we use in research and development when testing a chocolate's performance for baking and patisserie applications. The excellence of this recipe is the dark chocolate used to bake these Brownie Cookies making them full of flavor. They are a lot like brownies because of the high chocolate content.
Secret to the Best Extra Dark Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe
Before you get started, make sure you have the best brownie ingredients:
- Dark Chocolate
- Red Cocoa Powder
- For extra dark chocolate we typically use a 72% cocoa solid or great. If you mix our pure cacao chocolate with the 72 in equal parts you'll get an 85% dark chocolate of pure excellence.
Chocolate Brownie Ingredients and Instructions
- 2 small sticks Butter softened - high fat - no salt added
- 1.5 cups baker's cane Sugar
- Cream this together
- .5 tsp Salt (use only fine ground salt)
- 1 tsp Mexican Vanilla (produces finest results)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda (Arm and Hammer is the best option)
- 2.25 cups unbleached ground Flour
- 2 Large Whole Eggs (free range, organic brown eggs are best)
- 18 oz of Extra Dark Chocolate
- 6 TBSP Rainforest Red Cacao Powder
Spoon dough as small flat orbs onto parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 375F for 13 minutes,
Serve - Makes about 2.5 dozen Santa Barbara Chocolate Extra Dark Chocolate Brownie Cookies