White and Dark Chocolate Dipped Banana Swirl (AKA the Day the Heat Closed in)
I have normally been great at dealing with the heat, but when that humidity closes in and you can feel the warm sweat dripping from every orifice, you have two options. The first option is to close all the blinds, strip down naked and hide under the bed praying to the Sun God to ease up on you. The second option is to make something utterly delicious and designed to cool you down in seconds. Yes people I am talking about the white and dark chocolate dipped banana swirl.
Chocolate and Bananas
I think chocolate and bananas were actually designed to be true lovers! I really only discovered the true joy of bananas recently and since then I just cannot get enough of this fruit sent from the heavens. Not to mention that chocolate is also my guilty pleasure (and I’m pretty sure I don’t stand alone in this).
A Frozen Dessert Better than Ice-cream
Perhaps it was my delirium from the heat or the fact that I wanted an ice cream so bad but couldn’t face leaving the apartment that brought about this vision from the food gods and I decided to experiment with chocolate and bananas. I used Brazilian dark and white dipping Chocolate I purchased from Santa Barbara Chocolate and fresh market bananas and I have to say the result was out of this world. A little pre planning and you have the perfect summer treat that ignites your senses and keeps you cool.
White Chocolate/Dark Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana Swirl
- 5 bananas (preferably frozen for at least 24 hours)
- 2 cups Dark Dipping chocolate
- 2 cups White Dipping Chocolate
- 5 wooden sticks
- Wax Paper
- Plastic Bag
Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana Swirl Instructions
- First of all you need to peel your bananas and push your wooden sticks into the bottom of the banana, place in plastic bag and freeze for 24 hours. Voila you now have frozen banana popsicles!
- Melt each pot of chocolate separately at a low temperature. Again I used Dark dipping chocolate and white dipping chocolate from Santa Barbara Chocolate; because when it comes to chocolate you need the very best! Make sure you avoid any additional moisture or water getting into the chocolate.
- Once melted, take the melted gooey and delicious white chocolate and in a circular motion, drizzle the entire amount into the melted dark chocolate. Of course at this point it is encouraged to dip your finger in and ‘test’ the chocolate.