Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
The ketogenic diet requires you to go high-fat and low-carb in order for your body to reach a metabolic state called ketosis. When it happens, your body becomes amazingly effective in burning fat for energy. What is more, it transforms fat into ketones in the liver, which serves as an excellent energy supply for your brain.
However, the fact that the diet is low-carb does not mean you cannot treat yourself to anything sweet! You can prepare, for example, our best keto chocolate chip cookies. In our recipe, you will see that with certain ingredients, you can achieve great taste while keeping it aligned with your ketogenic diet.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup granular sweetener
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup softened butter or coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
4.5 oz sugar-free chocolate chips
3 cups almond flour
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - Instructions
First, preheat your oven to 350F.
Then, mix the coconut oil or softened butter and the sweetener in a stand mixer. You can also use a hand mixer with a large bowl. Keep on mixing the ingredients in medium mode until they have a smooth and creamy texture.
Next, add the 2 eggs and the vanilla, and keep mixing until smooth.
Take a medium bowl and combine baking soda, salt, and almond flour.
Add the dry ingredients of your keto chocolate chip cookies to the wet ingredients and mix all of them until they are well combined.
When all ingredients are combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
Use an ice cream scoop to form 18-21 cookies on a lined baking sheet. If you have smaller sheets, you may need two of them. Press down on the top smoothly to flatten your low-carb chocolate chip cookies.
Put them in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
When you take your chocolate chip keto cookies out of the oven, leave them to cool for half an hour. They will come out soft and set over time, just like regular chocolate chip cookies.
If you keep them in an airtight container, they will keep their chewiness and delicious taste for up to 4 days.
Additional Tips on Our Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Our keto chocolate chip cookie recipe is super easy. You may know your old family recipe and think it will be hard to switch to a keto recipe. Wrong! Even without much experience, you can easily follow our step-by-step instructions and be successful every time!
- With an ice cream scoop, your choc chip cookies will be perfectly portioned. If you care about the appearance of your low-carb cookies, this tool is highly recommended.
- Keep in mind to go slowly with the almond flour. You need to remember that almond flour must be added slowly and reasonably. If you add it too quickly,it won’t absorb moisture evenly and your keto chocolate chip cookies will end up being too dense. A bit of patience is certainly part of this recipe!
- If you do not tolerate almonds, there is an alternative for you. These keto chocolate chip cookies can be easily made almond flour-free. All you have to do is use sunflower seed flour instead. All the other instructions in our recipe stay the same.
- Sugar-free chocolate chips make the preparations much more convenient. Some people prefer to add an actual cocoa chocolate bar broken into pieces. Still, with dark chocolate chips, you can save your time and effort because they are designed for cookie recipes (including keto cookie ones), and don’t require the extra hassle to chop.
- Remember to scrape the batter from the sides of your bowl. When you are creaming the butter (or coconut oil), do not forget to scrape the bowl's sides back into the batter. As a result, you will be able to keep your cookie batter uniform and make a whole bunch of delicious keto chocolate chip cookies.
- It is not hard to check if our low-carb keto cookies are ready. As the recipe says, the cookies should be ready after 10-12 minutes but in order to make sure it is really the right moment, take a look at them. Our keto chocolate chip cookies should be brown on the bottom and slightly golden on the top.
- You can freeze your chocolate chip cookies for later. They can be kept in the freezer for even a few months, and they will still be delicious. We recommend keeping them on the sheet tray for around 2 hours and then placing them in a freezer-safe container bag. Then, whenever you feel like having a treat, you can just put your cookies out of the freezer and give them some time.
The Bottom Line
Even when you are on a ketogenic diet, you don’t have to give up on chocolate chip cookies. Keto recipes just keep them low-carb and high-fat for you to achieve your aims, but they can still be sweet and delicious.
If you order chocolate chips from our shop, you can be sure they are of the highest quality. They are made from 100% organic cocoa, unsweetened, kosher, and fair-trade - they are really the best choice out there, especially if you happen to be health-conscious and care about the environment and where your chocolate comes from. This way, you can enjoy your chocolate absolutely guilt-free.
Good luck with your baking!