"He bought me chocolate but..."
Here at Santa Barbara Chocolate we are just crazy about all things sweet, especially chocolate. We are firm believers that chocolate can solve almost any problem and there’s no treat like the pure unadulterated taste of true chocolate. Chocolate and dating have gone hand in hand since the beginning of time because we all know that when it comes down to it, nothing can compete with a special moment made of sensuality and chocolate. At Santa Barbara Chocolate we are always keen to spread the joy and encourage the passion of chocolate and over the years we’ve heard some little stories and remarks about chocolate and dating to make you smile….
- I asked my best friend why she never went out on dates, I do she said, every Friday night I buy a box of chocolates. That’s not a date I pointed out, no she agreed, it’s better…a chocolate doesn’t eye up other girls, I only have chocolate when I feel like it and it never expects a round of applause after it’s finished. I couldn’t help but agree.
- On our third date he asked me if I was into S&M’s, I thought he had pronounced it wrong so I answered, oh sure I love them, especially the peanut ones. He didn’t call me back.
- Over dinner we started the debate about sex and chocolate. 9 out of 10 men prefer sex to chocolate he told me, that’s funny I replied, 9 out of 10 women prefer chocolate to sex. There was a moment’s hesitation; he pulled a box of chocolates from under his chair. I think we can meet in the middle I smiled.
- The date was going well until the guy offered to treat us to some chocolate, but he only bought one and gave me a morsel, after he already took a bite; suffice to say I knew it was over.
- One Valentine’s day my boyfriend gave me one chocolate, just one, a little peeved at his cheap skate attitude I scoffed the whole thing in seconds as he looked on in horror. Turns out there was a diamond engagement ring inside.
- Why chocolate and online dating is the same thing - Chocolates are easy to pick up and hard to put down…
- Over dinner I asked him what he would do if he had three wishes. He hesitated for a second and lifted his glass. "I would ask for a million dollars." "Voila! There's a million dollars. What next?" I asked, licking my lips. "I would ask for a Harley Davidson." "Voila! There's your Harley...and last?" I trailed my finger across the table, he smiled and leaned closer. "I would ask to be irresistible to all women." I laughed out loud and said, "Voila! You're a box of chocolates!"
- My boyfriend wanted to do something extra special so he laid out a chocolate inspired picnic in front of the fire. I was working late and he fell asleep while waiting, when I came home the chocolate had melted into the rug. A for effort, F for the cleaning bill.