Rio Tigre Wholesale White Chocolate is called the best white chocolate by our panel of chefs and chocolatier advisors.
- Gourmet white chocolate
- Easy to temper white chocolate
- Excellent viscosity when melted
The Rio Tigre Valley of North Eastern Peru has some of the most rare cocoa beans in the world. Here at the headlands of where the mighty Amazon River begins and flows East into the thick jungles of Brazil, the lucky explorer can experience true chocolate. The original chocolate. Made from exceptional quality Grade AA cocoa butter and the best milk, Rio Tigre White chocolate is unsurpassed in flavor and quality paying tribute to the taste of Peru and its rich chocolate heritage.
Pure prime pressed cocoa butter is the ingredient that makes our white chocolate the best white chocolate.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WHITE CHOCOLATE
Some of our favorite desserts use white chocolate as the main ingredient. Below are a few things you may not know about white chocolate.
Regarding white chocolate origin and history
White chocolate is a new culinary invention when compared to dark chocolate. White chocolate made its first appearance in Switzerland in 1930. A Swiss chocolate company looking to use cocoa butter resulting from pressing cocoa powder, launched the new white chocolate. Because of the smooth, creamy texture and milky flavor, white chocolate became very popular. You'll find our Rio Tigre White Chocolate to be true to the original Swiss chocolate recipe from 1930.
Regarding making white chocolate
Unlike dark or milk chocolate, white chocolate does not contain cacao fiber, but rather cacao fat. Cacao fiber is the dark part of cocoa beans. White chocolate is an ingredient mix of cocoa butter, powdered or condensed milk, sugar and vanilla. The Food and Drug Administration in 2004 set the standards of white chocolate, having at least 20% cocoa butter, 15% milk powder and not more than 55% sweetener (commonly sugar). If these FDA standards aren't met, the white dessert is called white confection or white compound.
Regarding white chocolate benefits
- White chocolate blends perfectly with flavors like lavender, ice wine, plum, rose or blueberry.
- White chocolate makes a wonderful contrast to dark chocolate, especially in cakes and desserts.
- White chocolate doesn't show bloom or oxidation so easily.
- White chocolate may have lower effect on our cholesterol unlike other desserts due to the cocoa butter content and stearic acid.
- White chocolate is lower in theobromine levels than dark chocolate.
- White chocolate has little caffeine.
- White chocolate is the perfect alternative for those looking for less bitter options than dark chocolate.
- White chocolate has a good dose of calcium.
Easy white chocolate recipe below:
White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- baking cocoa
- baking soda
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- large eggs
- 12 oz. of Rio Tigre White Chocolate Medallions
Methods of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to approximately 350F.
- Use a small bowl to combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and the salt
- Mix and beat butter, white and brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy
- Add one egg at a time to the mixture, and after a while stir in white chocolate
- Transfer the mixture onto un-greased baking sheet
- Bake 11 minutes.
Once you have baked this delicious recipe, don’t forget to share a picture with us on social media as we'd love to see your creations.