What is a Verrine?
According to Wikipedia, a Verrine is a small, thick-walled glass container with no base, whose purpose is to hold a solid or liquid dish rather than a drink. This French word is usually left untranslated.
We could say that this French dessert is served in small glasses only a bit taller and bigger than a shot glass, usually beautifully decorated.
This Three Chocolate Verrine uses the classic combination of different chocolate flavors: Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate & White Chocolate. It is simple to make, but you need to make sure you're using a great quality chocolate to get a perfect mousse!
This is why you should use Santa Barbara Chocolate!
Triple Chocolate Verrine Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp+ 2 tsp (50 g) butter, melted
- ½ cup (100 g) cookies, crushed
- 1 cup (100 g) Santa Barbara Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup (100 g) Santa Barbara Milk Chocolate
- 1 cup (100 g) Santa Barbara White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup (150ml)Heavy Cream divided to 1/3 cup with each chocolate
- 1 cups (150 ml) Heavy cream
Triple Chocolate Verrine Instructions:
- First, In a food processor, crush the cookies.
- Melt the butter, then pour over the cookies and process well till combined. The texture should be like a sand.
- Add 2 Tbsp of the cookies’ base to a small glass cups to make first layer.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Heat 50 ml (1/3 cup) heavy cream in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Add Santa Barbara Milk Chocolate Chips to the hot heavy cream.
- Mix well until the chocolate is melted, and the mixture is completely smooth and shiny.
- Add 1/3 of the whipped cream to the melted dark chocolate mixture.
- Using a silicone spatula, slowly, fold in the whipped cream. You should scrape the bottom of the bowl to combine the melted chocolate with the whipped cream.
- Transfer to a piping bag then pipe the first chocolate layer over the cookies’ base about 0.7 inches (2 cm) thick and chill.
- Then agin, same procedure, add in another bowl Santa Barbara Dark Chocolate Chips. Heat 50 ml (1/3 cup) heavy cream in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, remove from heat and add in the chocolate pieces. Mix well until mixture is completely smooth and shiny.
- Pipe the dark chocolate layer over the chilled milk chocolate about 3/4 Inch thick. Store back in the fridge to chill.
- Finally, add Santa Barbara White Chocolate Chips in a bowl. Heat 1/3 cup (50 ml) heavy cream in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate pieces. Mix well until mixture is completely smooth and shiny. Pipe over the second layer of the chilled dark chocolate layer and place back in the fridge to chill for 3 hours before serving.
- Before serving, make shavings off dark chocolate or white chocolate with a peeler and decorate the top of each glass verrine with it.
Your verrine is ready to serve.